This term indicates the book is collection of Hadith / Hadis (P1. of Hadith / Hadis ) regarding fundamental essentials like:
· Faith (aqaed)
· Commandments or Ordinance (ahkam)
· Rules of etiquette (adab)
· Exegesis of the Holy Quran (tafseer)
· History (tareekh)
· Biography of the Holy Prophet (D.) (sirat), Excellences (shamail),
· Tribulations (fitan or fitnah)
· Symbolic signs (alamat),
· Day of Resurrection (qiyamat)
· Praises (manaqib),
· Examples (misal) etc.
Example of Jama:
This term indicates that the book (collection of Hadith / Hadis ) is presented in the same manner and wordings as the sahabah-e kiram had mentioned.
1) Musnad of Imam Ahmad bin Hambal.
2) Musnad Ishaq bin Rahvaih.
3) Musnad Abi Yala
This term indicates that in this book (collection of Hadith / Hadis ) narrators are indexed alphabetically.
Example: (1) Mojam-al Tabranee
This term indicates that in this book (collection of Hadith / Hadis ) Hadith / Hadis are derived from other books after deducting surplus testimonials (asnad)
(1) Mustakhraj Abi Ovana Ala Saheeh Muslim
This term indicates that in this book (collection of Hadith / Hadis ) Hadith / Hadis are arranged subjectwise.