Zubair (R.) was the son of Avvam and the father of Abdullah. Zubair is one of the most respectable and famous personalities of Islam. He had more than one relationship with the Holy Prophet (salallahoAlaiheWasalam). as follows:
1. He was the son of Safiyah, the daughter of Abdul Muttalib and the aunt of the Holy Prophet (salallahoAlaiheWasalam). Thus he was the cousin of the Holy Prophet (salallahoAlaiheWasalam)
2. Ummul-Mo’mineen Hazrat Khadijah, the mother of the believers was the aunt of Zubair, and according to this the Holy Prophet was his uncle.
3. Asma the daughter of Abu Bakr Siddeeque and the elder sister of Ayeshah Siddiqah, the mother of the faithful was married to Zubair and thus he was a brother-in-law of the Holy Prophet (salallahoAlaiheWasalam)
4. Qusai, the son of Kelab, was the common ancestor of both the Holy Prophet and Zubair, and in this way Zubair had also ancestral relation with the Holy Prophet (salallahoAlaiheWasalam).
Hazrat Zubair belonged to the family that was blessed with the light of Islam just in the beginning. His aunt Hazrat Khadijah was the first lady of Islam, his mother Safiyah too accepted Islam in the beginning. So it was quite natural for Zubair that he too became a true follower of Islam between the age of twelve and sixteen years, and this is why he attained a prominent position among the earliest companions of the Holy Prophet (salallahoAlaiheWasalam). He was martyred in the battle of the Camel. At that time he was about 60 or 67 years old.
- Transliteration of Allah into God
- Who is Prophet Muhammad salallahoAlaiheWasalam ?
- What is Islam and Why Islam?
- What is meaning of the word “islam”?
- Muslims – What is Muslim?
- How to Convert to Islam & how to be a muslim
- The 5 (Five) Pillars of Islam
- What is the Quran?
- What is Tafseer ? | Quran Tafseer
- What is Hadith or Hadis ?
- What do Muslims believe?
- What Do Muslims Believe about Jesus
- What is duaa ? System of saying duaa
- What is Qiblah ?
- What is The kaba ?
- The Islamic Calendar
- What is the meaning of Rab ?
- What is Ibadah / Ibadat ?
- What is the meaning of word “Darul Islam” ?
- Jihad | The Holy War
- Death in Islam – Life After Death
- Islam in early days
- Teachings of Islam regarding animal killing
- What is Meraj ?
- Migration to Madina/ Medina
- What is Salat/ Namaz or Islamic Prayer?
- What is Niyyat | Niyyat for Namaz / Salat
- The five days of Haj/ Hajj
- Muslim World, Muslim Population, Muslim Country, Map
- What is Muslim Marriage ? | shaadi
- What is a Hijab and Why Hijab ?
- The Islamic Concept of Veil