According to Arabic lexicographers it means those countries, which are either presently or previously ruled by the Islamic ruler. Darul harb means Non-Muslim country.
In 1298 AH (1888 AD), when Imam Ahmad Raza (R.) were only 14 years old, one Mr Mirza Ali Baig from Badayun (UP, India) submitted an inquiry application asking whether India is Darul Islam or Darul harb. In reply Imam Ahmad Raza (R.) issued fatva that: India is Darul Islam, because Darul harb is that country where Islamic laws and conventions cannot be promulgated. As such conditions do not exist in India therefore it is Darul Islam.
- Transliteration of Allah into God
- Who is Prophet Muhammad salallahoAlaiheWasalam ?
- What is Islam and Why Islam?
- What is meaning of the word “islam”?
- Muslims – What is Muslim?
- How to Convert to Islam & how to be a muslim
- The 5 (Five) Pillars of Islam
- What is the Quran?
- What is Tafseer ? | Quran Tafseer
- What is Hadith or Hadis ?
- What do Muslims believe?
- What Do Muslims Believe about Jesus
- What is duaa ? System of saying duaa
- What is Qiblah ?
- What is The kaba ?
- The Islamic Calendar
- What is the meaning of Rab ?
- What is Ibadah / Ibadat ?
- What is the meaning of word “Darul Islam” ?
- Jihad | The Holy War
- Death in Islam – Life After Death
- Islam in early days
- Teachings of Islam regarding animal killing
- What is Meraj ?
- Migration to Madina/ Medina
- What is Salat/ Namaz or Islamic Prayer?
- What is Niyyat | Niyyat for Namaz / Salat
- The five days of Haj/ Hajj
- Muslim World, Muslim Population, Muslim Country, Map
- What is Muslim Marriage ? | shaadi
- What is a Hijab and Why Hijab ?
- The Islamic Concept of Veil